Deer Valley Data is a mature and growing web hosting company with our own data center in North Phoenix. In business since the mid 90′s, we have a very stable growth trend. We are looking for a seasoned Level 3 Linux Admin looking to progress to the next level, taking on the responsibilities of managing a team, and the technical aspects of every day data center operations. Your position will allow opportunity to express your ideas and contribute to the success of the company as you take on increased responsibility and advancement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a technical field or equivalent relevant experience
- Must have technical certifications (see below categories)
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Linux distributions (RedHat/Centos, Ubuntu, Debian, FreeBSD, etc)
- Windows Servers
- Cloud/virtualization platforms (Citrix Xenserver, VMWare, OpenVZ)
- Troubleshoot higher level server side problems
- Web hosting control panels Cpanel/WHM, Parallels Plesk and Webmin.
- Mail server troubleshooting
- Configuration automation (Puppet, PXE, GPXE, Kickstart, etc)
- MYSQL tuning
- Perl and PHP programming
- Server hardening/security and firewall management
- Production support in a 24/7 environment
- Network- Troubleshooting, Administration, Juniper routers, HP switches
We are looking for a highly self motivated, well rounded and driven professional to fill the role of Level 3 Support Engineer/Operations Manger/ System Administrator in a 24/7 data center environment. Responsibilities include day to day management of the entire IT infrastructure in a mixed Linux/Windows/Cloud environment as well as:
- Planning and implementing new infrastructure.
- Deploying and maintaining critical network infrastructure routers switches firewalls etc.
- Building, deploying and trouble shooting custom server builds and configurations 90% Linux servers and 10% Windows
- Installing and supporting diverse array of software including Cpanel / WHM and Plesk
- Overseeing help desk and facilitating prompt resolution to support tickets.
- Support and development of cloud virtualization products Xenserver cluster.
- Oversee network security requirements including mitigation of DDOS attacks
Applicants must be able to multi-task, enjoy trouble shooting and problem solving in a dynamic environment. Applicant must be ready and committed to move beyond Level 3 and work effectively on projects without supervision. The position offers a very high level of flexibility with telecommuting accounting for up to 60% the work load. The position also offers potential for growth into higher levels of datacenter and NOC management.
Work Arrangement and Pay
Contract Preferred, but can be payroll. This is an open ended contract position with no specific end date. Approximately 60% remote, 40% on site at our Deer Valley data center. Starting salary at 60K to 75k per year based upon experience with significant advancements based on your contribution to our company.
To apply to this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com